Many Barberton homeowners realized the potential their basement has for their families. Most homes have the same square footage in their basement as on the first floor. Finishing the basement of your home will give you the usable, extra living space you need at a fraction of the cost of an addition to the home. The price per square foot to finish the basement of your home varies, and it depends on the company you use, the materials you want, and the health of the basement.
Before Finishing The Basement of Your Home Follow These 3 Tips
- Inspect the basement for possible signs of water leaks-These are some of the possible issues you might have if you have a leaky basement. Water sediment on the walls, water on the basement floor, water seepage where the floor meets the walls or wet basement walls.
- If you suspect your basement has water damage, contact a professional for an inspection-If you realized you have a water issue, contact a professional for a thorough inspection. They will inspect the basement of your home and give you a diagnosis and offer you a solution.
- Follow the basement waterproofing advice of a professional-It is very important you follow their advice. Water damage in the basement of the home can be dangerous to your health and expensive to fix if you keep ignoring the issue.
How can tell if you have a Leaky Basement?
There are easy ways you can check for water damage in your basement.
- First, you can go to the basement and see if you have any water sitting on the floor. If you do, you have a leak someplace.
- Second, tape a small plastic sheet to the basement wall and floor. If you see water accumulation inside in the plastic, you have a basement waterproofing issue. If the water is accumulating on top of the plastic, you need to use a dehumidifier in the basement to get rid of the excess humidity.
- Third, water-sediment accumulation is a possibility in the basement. You can see the white-chalk-like sediment on the walls of the basement.
- Look for wet basement walls where the seam meets the floor, or at the very top of the walls.
- Check to see if the basement walls seem bowed or uneven.
- Check for loose mortar
Many Barberton homes show the wear and tear from the inclement weather changes we experience in Northeast Ohio. The signs can be seen in multiple ways. Many Barberton homes have leaky basements, foundation stability problems, and roofing issues. These problems can become problematic if they are ignored for years, or if the homeowner has not realized the severity of the problem.
If you have basement waterproofing issues and are wondering whether your Barberton Basement can be improved, Pioneer Basement Finishing has the answer for you. We believe we can improve the basement of your home, and deliver an excellent job to you. We have extensive experience waterproofing and finishing basements in Barberton, Akron, Medina, North Canton, and most cities in the Northeast Ohio area. We can repair home foundations, waterproof the basemen,t and finish them with excellent workmanship.
When you are ready to finish the basement of your home and need a reputable company to do it, Pioneer Basement Solutions and finishing is the Barberton basement finishing company you need.
Pioneer Basement Solutions and Finishing has a long history in the Northeast Ohio area. With over 40 years of experience with basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and finishing the basement of many homeowners, we can deal with any problem big or small. If you have a crumbling foundation, waterproofing problems, or just want to finish the basement of your home, we are the company to contact. Moreover, we have an excellent customer service record and our satisfied customers’ testimonials speak for themselves.
Pioneer Basement Solutions and Finishing has a talented, professional team who will inspect, diagnose and offer you a hassle-free quote to finish the basement of your home. They will inspect the basement for possible water leaks, humidity, dampness, foundation stability problems before starting the job of finishing the basement.
Are You Thinking About Hiring a Handyman to Waterproof the Basement of Your Home?
We do not recommend it. Basement waterproofing requires the expertise of a company to do the job. There are many issues involved when waterproofing a basement, and they require an experienced and knowledgeable company to fix those problems right away. You might be saving a few dollars now, but you might have to fix a serious problem later on. If you are finishing the basement of your home to add value to the property, doing it well with the right company is the only option you have. Pioneer Basement Solutions and Finishing has over 40 years of experience waterproofing basements. We can deal with small and big problems waterproofing your basement because we have the experience to do a job well done.
Are You Ready To Contact A Company To Finish the Basement of Your Barberton Home?
Before you begin, keep in mind not all companies are the same. There are national chains that offer deals that are too good to be true. Their headquarters are not in Northeast Ohio, and their franchisees cannot offer the same deals they are promoting. Their high-pressure sales tactics are selling a one-fit solution for every homeowner. And they do not offer the guarantees that as a homeowner you need.
Before you begin, here are a few tips for you to follow:
- Hire a company that is fully insured and licensed. Pioneer Basement Solutions and Finishing is a fully insured and licensed company with lifetime guarantees.
- Hire a knowledgeable company. Look for a company that knows the best products and services in the industry.
- Pioneer Basement Finishing has the experience to deliver an excellent job and to deliver the work and craftsmanship we have been providing to homeowners in Northeast Ohio since 1979. We stand by our work, and our long history in the community in the Barberton-Canton-Akron area backs up our claims.
- Our Basement finishing company has the knowledge and the expertise working with basement issues. If your home has basement issues, Pioneer Basement Solutions will find the problem and offer you a solution to fix it.
- Hire a professional company to fix and finish the basement of your home. Make sure they own their own equipment and have access to better supplies at reasonable prices. Hire a company with the expertise to fix any basement issue they might encounter.
- Hire an experienced company to do the job. When you hire a company, you hire their many years of experience they have acquired. They will deliver a job well done with their experienced teams.
- Hire a company with a long history in the community. Their experience and knowledge allow them to deliver a job well done and deal with problems as they come up.
If you need a small job done around the home, hiring a handyman to do it it’s the right thing to do. Finishing the basement of your Barberton home is an investment you want to do to add value to your home. It will not only provide value, but comfort and the extra needed space many families need. Finishing the basement of your home should be entrusted to a company that knows how to do it well. Pioneer Basement Finishing has the knowledge, and experience to deliver a beautifully finished basement and have the guarantees to back up our claims.
Basement Finishing requires the knowledge to install basement walls, ceiling installation basement waterproofing while ensuring the integrity of the foundation is 100% perfect before starting any work.
If you are ready to hire a company to finish the basement of your home, Pioneer Basement Finishing is the only company you should entrust to deliver a beautifully finished basement to your family. We have a talented professional team to talk to you and find the best option for you and your home. Contact Us today.