Basement finishing in the city of Lakemore, Ohio is one of the home projects that could increase the value of your home, be an enjoyable benefit for your family, and perhaps could be an investment you can recoup quickly. Many families wonder whether they will benefit more from building an add-on to their original structure, or from finishing the basement of their home. Depending on your financial situation, and the amount of property you have, finishing the basement of your home to acquire more livable space is what we would recommend. The high cost of a 20 x 20 add-on to your home can be more than many families are willing to invest, and the space is limited. Pioneer Basement Finishing believes finishing the basement of your home is the best option for you.
Things To Consider Before Finishing The Basement
If you want to finish the basement of the home to acquire more space, we think you made the right decision. By finishing the basement of the home, you would be acquiring, in some cases, the same square footage as the first floor of the home. There won’t be any exterior excavation or construction, and the price will be much lower than an add-on. But, before you start calling basement finishing companies to give you a quote, you need to have a plan, a budget, and questions you need to ask before you start calling anyone.
In Lakemore, Ohio, the price of finishing the basement of the home will be cheaper than in Los Angeles for example. And the number of companies doing that kind of work can be numerous, but not all of them do exceptional work. So, you need to consider the price, materials, reputation, availability, and customer satisfaction reviews of these companies before making any call.
Now, if you know you want to finish the basement of the home, do you know what kind of ceiling you want? How about the number of rooms you need or want to have? Before checking prices with any company, you need to be able to compare quotes. And for that, you need to ask the same questions and offer the same answers for price comparison when you talk to any company
10 Questions a Basement Finishing Company might ask
- Where do you live? Are you the homeowner?
- What project do you want to have done? Basement Finishing?
- Do you want bedrooms? An office? A personal gym? Do you want a bathroom? How about a wet bar? Do you want a home theatre?
- Do you have a design you want to follow?
- Is your basement partially finished or completely unfinished?
- Do you know of any basement waterproofing issues you might have?
- Do you know the approximate square footage of your basement?
- Are you ready to hire a company to finish the basement of your home, or are you shopping around?
- Do you have a time frame for this project to be finished or it doesn’t matter?
- Are you looking to finance this project?
It is a good idea to keep track of all questions and answers for comparison purposes. Keep in mind this is your home and your money. Comparing companies, prices, and materials they used are expected of any homeowner. The better prepared you are for the project you are hiring them to do, the better outcome you will have.
What to look for in a company you plan to hire to finish the Basement of your home
When comparing companies to finish the basement of your home, remember the cheapest company is not the best choice, and the most expensive company is not the best. There are many “cheap” companies that will give you a quote you cannot resist because you believe the savings are too big to ignore. You can’t make the decision based on price alone. And the most expensive company might be overcharging you for the same work like any other company, so a higher price does not mean better work or materials.
Here are 7 tips for you to consider when looking to hire a good basement finishing company:
- Hire a basement finishing company with experience and a long history in the community.
- Hire a knowledgeable company that knows about the products and services of the industry. Those companies know the best products and techniques to deliver a product well done.
- Hire a basement finishing company with its own professional equipment, access to better supplies at reasonable prices, and the expertise to solve the problems as they arise.
- Hire a basement finishing company with basement waterproofing experience. If you have a water problem in your basement, they will find the problem, fix it, and continue with their work without calling another company to fix it.
- Hire a basement finishing company that will offer a guarantee to back up their work.
- Hire a basement finishing company with all the insurance and licenses to provide you with excellent service and peace of mind.
- Hire Pioneer Basement Solutions to deliver a finished basement you will be proud to own.
We know you have many options when it comes to choosing a company to do a project in your home. There are many new and old companies advertising their services online, on TV, and radio. But, even if you see their advertisements on TV, it does necessarily mean they are going to do a great job.
We, at Pioneer Basement Solutions, believe we can improve the basement of your home and give you the extra, livable space you need. But more importantly, we have been in business for more than 40 years in the Northeast Ohio region delivering beautifully finished basements to many homeowners every single time.
If you need a company with a great reputation, and a long history in the area, do not hesitate to call us. We have talented, experienced teams dedicated to basement waterproofing, basement finishing, and foundation repair, that can deliver a finished basement that you will be happy to own. We have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and have been awarded many service awards in the region. Check us out, or contact us today!